This past week, Jake, Dallin and Abbie have been really sick. Toddlers require a lot of love, patience, and attention, but sick toddlers require about 100 times more. And I've been trying to avoid kid meltdowns in public and getting other people sick so we haven't been able to go any where. Which leaves me to entertain and occupy my sick, cabin-fevered children for almost a week. They're all starting to get better, and I think the worst is over, so I'm finally able to see the humor in toddler life again.
The kids have had high fevers, so I've been giving them lots of popsicles. Unfortunately, both of them now think that going outside is synonomous with eating a popsicle. When I say, "let's go outside and play," both kids head for the freezer door, not the outside door!
Dallin is hilarious and makes me laugh every day. Today we were filling up his new kiddie pool outside to let the water warm up by tomorrow. Jake was putting the hose away, and when he came back Dallin was completed naked standing in the pool! He decided he didn't want to wait to use his new pool, so he took matters into his own hands, stripped down and got in! He says funny things like "freakin' ridiculous" and "how awesome is that?!" He also calls Abbie "baby girl" except he can't quite say girl and calls her "baby grill"!
He's also CONVINCED that I never know where I'm going. When we're in the car, he says things like "this isn't the way to Grandma's house." Pretty sure I know the way to my parents' house, Dallin. Even when we go on walks, he doesn't believe me that I know how to get home. Earlier this week I let him lead us into a cul-de-sac because he was positive our house was in there. I had to bribe him with cookies to get him to trust that I knew how to get us home! It's not that he's bad with directions, he just always thinks I'm wrong. I haven't even gotten lost with him before! Are all 3 year olds like this?!
And he's off - Ugh
4 months ago





1 comment:
Austin used to tell me how to drive all the time. I finally explained to him that when he is 16 years old, he will take a test, and if he passes that test, he will get a driver's license (I showed him mine) and then he can drive. Until then, he was no longer allowed lecture me in the car. A little while later, he said, "Mom, I don't think I'll need to take that test because I already know how to drive."
Honestly! Most kids think their parents know everything. Our kids think we know absolutely nothing!
Post a Comment