Monday, February 9, 2009

Veronica!

Last weekend, Dallin and I headed down to Provo to watch my younger sister, Veronica, compete in the 3A State Championship Swim Meet. She qualified to swim 4 events- the 50 yd freestyle, the 100 yd breaststroke, the 4X100 relay and the 4X50 relay. Not only did she swim them, she ROCKED them- taking first place and earning the title of State Champion in THREE events! She was first in the 50, breaststroke, and the 4x50 relay! And she's only a Junior, so she'll be able to defend her title next year. It was so exciting to watch! Dallin and I and my whole family were standing up screaming the whole time, and I'm sure we cheered louder when Veronica won than Michael Phelps' mom cheers! This picture of her, right after she won the 50 yd freestyle, was really big in the Deseret News, the only picture from all three of the State Championship meets!
Watching her swim brought back memories of my "glory days" in swimming. I competed in the 4A State Championships all 4 years of high school, qualifying even as a freshman! But the closest I ever got to State Champion was second place in the 100 breasttroke (it runs in the family). So way to go, Veronica! I'm so proud of you!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Awww Amber. Thanks :) i feel so special to be on your blog. haha

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Actually that was me.. veronica. not Jerry. Haha and the haterclub is mine and my friends' blog. best word of advice: don't go there.

ElderH said...

One of my favorite parts of the meet was when Dallin yelled across 6 people, "I go poo in the toilet!"

Lego World said...

Tell Veronica congrats!!! That is awesome. I love the picture.

Lego World said...

Oops. That was me (Marisa) in Reece's account.