Last year for Valentine's Day, I was eight months pregnant and didn't really feel like going out. I told Jake I just wanted dinner at home but would LOVE for him to cook for me to give me a break. He graciously offered to get take-out from ANYWHERE I wanted!! Very sweet. I was craving beef in a mad way, and the only thing I wanted was Carl's Jr! Jake got us both the huge $6 burgers, and I finished mine in about 6 seconds!! I've never eaten a whole one before or since. Then I think we tried to watch a movie, but all the beef had made me drowsy, so I think I went to bed around 9! A very romantic evening.
So this year I wanted to spice it up a little. I surprised Jake by taking him to get a couple's massage on Wednesday (the only day they had available- I guess it's a pretty popular Valentine's activity). A few years ago, he told me which sex of masseuse he preferred, and when I made the appointment I requested a male for him, because I swear that's what he told me (I distinctly remember him saying that he preferred a male because they're stronger and can give a deeper massage. Is this WAY too much detail? Feel free to stop reading now!) When we arrived for our massages, he was mad that I'd requested a guy for him, because he prefers a girl! So we switched. And the irony? I got a FABULOUS massage, but Jake's was really weird (lots of shaking!) and left him sore for days! Haha!Then last night we went to a luau with my sister-in-law's stake. Who can beat free food and dancing for Valentines? In case you didn't know, Jake is an amazing dancer and is so fun to dance with. The man can move! People were copying him all night long. When we were first married, I was really self-conscious about dancing with him because everyone always watches him, and I thought they were comparing me to him and thinking what a bad dancer I am! Not that I'm a bad dancer, just no where near as good as Jake is. We were actually the first ones to leave our wedding because I was so worried about people watching me. People stayed and danced for two hours after we left! But now I'm over it and just have fun and love to go dancing with Jake! Jake's really silly, and we don't ever make it through a slow song without doing some crazy move. True to form, Jake's family were the last to leave the dance last night. Thanks for an awesome Valentine's Day, babe!






4 comments:
That's it!! We so have to get together ASAP! Jesse is a great dancer, but will never take me! How much you wanna bet he'd with Jake?! And I love your flowers by the way...my fave kind. Happy heart day! xoxo
Guarantee Jesse would dance with Jake- I've seen them together!!
What a happy day (and gorgeous flowers). I do remember Jake's dancing skills, and I think you sell yourself too short. At least it's something you both love. Sounds like a great date night. Anything beats eight months prego!
Amber this is such a cute post! haha! i love the dancing part :) i am glad that your valentines day was wonderful!
Post a Comment