Better late than never, right?
I had a really nice Mother's Day. Jake spoiled me, as usual. He took Dallin shopping for presents the day before, and told Dallin to tell me they got me a "surprise" if I asked what the present was. Sunday morning I asked Dallin what they got me for Mother's Day, just to see what he'd say. He said, "a swing set!" What they actually got me was this:
Unfortunately, the box was torn and the fabric was ripped, and it was the last one in the store, so right now I have nothing!
Jake did all of the work I usually have to, and I didn't even have to tell him that what I really wanted for Mother's Day was a break! He made breakfast, bathed Dallin and got him ready for church, went home to get Abbie's binkie, fed Abbie a bottle and put her to sleep so I could nap, changed ALL the diapers all day, and did the dishes twice. We had my family over for dinner, and he helped cook and entertain them. It was really a nice break! I was glad to have my mom over for dinner, not only so I didn't have to drive to her house, but also to show how much I love and appreciate her! The longer I'm a mom, the more I realize and appreciate the sacrifices she made her whole life to raise 6 six kids and never complain! She is also the BEST grandma! She is creative and patient with all of her grandkids, and just LOVES them to pieces! She always compliments me in how I'm raising my kids, even if it's different than she would. My sister and sister-in-law and I took all of our kids to get their picture taken for grandma. I hope my mom really treasures this picture. It was such a bad experience that we will probably never attempt it again. I'll just say that the combination of 3 infants, 2 two-year-olds, an uncooperative 4 year-old, and a bad photographer was not a good mix. But the kids sure look cute!
- I understand unconditional love
- I sleep less
- I swear more
- I have no desire to wear a bikini
- I've been pooped on, peed on, and thrown up on
- I laugh at things my kids do that no one else would find funny
- I've experience "love at first sight" twice (ok, 3 times counting Jake!)
- I don't always do my hair
- I've lied to a 2 year old to get him to stop crying
- And I'm surprised that after all this, I LOVE IT!






5 comments:
Amber, you are so funny! I definitely relate to your list of things that have changed since you became a mother. You really are such a great mom, and I think you handle two children brilliantly! And...I can't believe how great you look! You're amazing.
What an awesome Mother's Day! I can't believe we have had 3 already - it doesn't seem that long in some ways & in some ways it seems longer. :) We did the group picture thing as well with the 5 girls & even if it's a pain it sure is worth it! It's the second year we have done it & Lorin's mom always loves it. :) I hope you get your "swingset" soon, what a perfect present for spring!
I LOVE your list. Although, I feel like I have to warn you: You have down that you don't always do your hair. Well, when you have three, you'll have to put down that you don't always get a shower. :) Love you!
How does next week look for coming and seeing that darling baby? Email me your address and the night that works best for you. I'll bring dinner!
Your blog is so cute! I love reading the things you've posted and I'll be checking back all the time! I put you on my page list so, you know, easy access!
Happy Mother's Day! That picture is adorable - that's worth the yucky experience, right? Abbie is the first granddaughter!
P.S. I love that you swear more!!!
Post a Comment