Monday, November 8, 2010

Moving On

Last Sunday I went back to the hospital to have my blood retested.  As anticipated, my levels were going down, indicating a miscarriage. 

I had to wait till Monday to talk to the nurse about the results and my options.  The whole weekend felt like waiting for a car accident to happen- I just wanted to hear the worst and move on to fixing it. 

On Monday, the nurse confirmed that I had a miscarriage.  So we scheduled the D&C for Wednesday.  Again, waiting.

When I found out Friday there was a problem, I couldn’t face the reality that I’d lose the baby.  I couldn’t give up the idea of a spring “due date”.  I didn’t think I could face trying to get pregnant again, all the while being reminded of my loss.  Monday was another hard day, and though I dreaded telling all our friends and family the sad news and reliving the experience and over and over again, I’m glad I decided to tell everyone.  I had so much love and support, especially from my sweet husband.  More than anything, the love, phone calls, meals people brought, offers to watch the kids, and hugs are what helped me get through this experience.  

Now the surgery is over, and I’m looking forward to moving forward.  I’m looking forward to feeling normal again, and to spending my time with these two blessings:

DSC_0042

DSC_0075

3 comments:

Tim Gooch said...

I am so sorry Amber. Shi told me she saw this and she was heartbroken for you guys. We will be up there right after for Christmas over New Years and hope to see you guys and get together.

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you are on the up and up!

Liz said...

I am so sorry Amber! I haven't been looking at blogs and didn't know. I hope you're doing okay. I'd love to see you when you have some free time.