we were busy, busy, busy the month of June. A week after the Ragnar, Jake and I got to go to Youth Conference as a "ma" and "pa". It wasn't a trek, but we camped for 3 days so the stake decided to break the youth (ages 14-17) up into "families." Honestly, I was a little nervous about this assignment before we got up there. The theme was "Walk with Christ" and it was three days of devotionals and workshops about the life of Jesus Christ. I thought the youth would revolt at too much spiritual time and not enough fun time.
I completely underestimated the young men and young women from our stake. They were split up from their wards and from their friends and put into families of youth from all different wards, and our family didn't ever complain. (Which is surprising, because Jake is NO fun at all!) They spent hours each day hiking around the (beautiful) mountain campground, attending the workshops and never complained! They were helpful, kind to each other, and loved learning about their Savior. For dinner the last night we had a traditional Passover feast, the same feast Christ had before his crucification, and the youth happily tried everything from the dinner, again without complaining. During the testimony meeting that night most of them mentioned the Passover and following devotional as their favorite part of the conference.
This guy takes himself too seriously. Someone needs to tell him to have some fun:
Our family and "step- family"- the other family in our campsite.





No comments:
Post a Comment