I'm the camp director for our Young Women, girls camp is next week, and I'm S-T-R-E-S-S-E-D. I have a lot of help from the YW presidency and my camp committee, but I still have to make all the decisions and make all of the assignments, and I'm having a hard time balancing all I have to do to get ready for camp with the rest of my responsibilities as a mom to busy little kids. I can't stop doing laundry and feeding my kids till camp is over, and I feel like a failure if my floors don't get mopped and my bathrooms cleaned. I feel like I have to ignore my kids to make phone calls, send emails, have meetings, and make list after list for my calling, so add guilt to the list of stressors. Since I can't cut my kids and home out of my life for the next two weeks, I've had to sacrifice "me" time. I haven't been doing all of the normal things to keep myself mentally balanced, like exercise and get enough sleep. I haven't been blogging, taking pictures, or even watching tv! And my sanity is suffering!!
Now that you know how completely neurotic I am, HELP ME! What to you do to relieve stress? How can I relax?





5 comments:
delegate.
Just let some things go--like mopping or cleaning the bathrooms, at least for a week or two. I promise, they'll still be there. And if skipping the mopping means you can watch a little TV or go to the gym, it's totally worth it. Say it with me, just let it go.
I'd definitely forget the floors and go for a run... just this once :) Or get a babysitter and just have some time to yourself. It'll be good for you and for your kids if you feel more sane.
take a personal day. where you make an "appointment" with someone ---> yourself. Have someone watch your kids for the day. And just be with you. Whether it is exercising, mopping floors, cleaning bathrooms, doing laundry, watching a movie or two, or going to lunch with a girlfriend or by yourself. People understand the need to have time with yourself. Let us know what happens! :)
I like the "delegate" idea, but it's hard to do that when you want everything to be perfect.
For me, a little me time would consist of reading something calming, like the Ensign or scriptures and drinking a Diet Coke to calm nerves. (I want one)
Just remember, it's almost over. Our poor, but wonderful, camp director is a little stressed as well. That just means you're working hard to make sure it will be a great experience for the girls.
Oh, p.s. let any cleaning go that you can let go w/o going nuts. Drop your kids off here and go for a drive. :-)
Post a Comment