Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

I've been harassed over the past few months about getting a pet, sometimes by Dallin but mostly by Jake! It's not that I don't like animals, it's just I don't want something else to feed, clean up after, and to wake me up at night! Jake finally convinced me that I was depriving our children, so last week we went to the pet store and come home with this:

A Chinese fighting fish, or beta fish. Actually two, a red one and a blue one. Dallin and I decided to name them after some other famous fighters- the blue one Leonardo and the red one Raphael. They're pretty low maintenance, and only need to be feed once a day. So far, in a week we've only forgotten to feed them twice. I think we'll stick with the fish for now until we're responsible enough for something bigger!

3 comments:

Emily said...

We've attempted several pets at our house, and over the years, Greg and I have come to the conclusion that we really aren't "pet" people. Whenever my kids start begging, I just remind them that we had the option to have kids or have animals, and we chose kids. How can they argue with that???

Good luck!

Robyn said...

Now that's my kind of pet. I hope they don't keep you up at night.

Nora Mair said...

Betas live forever. I left one in my class room when I went off track. I was gone for more than 2 weeks and it survived! Auctioned it off at the end of the year for class money.